Currently looking for part time dog walkers for mid day walks & weekends
We are currently seeking to fill permanent part-time positions for Independent Contractors. This is a great and fun way to earn some extra income.
If you truly love animals, are mature, extremely reliable, detail-oriented, self motivated, pleasant to work with, committed to excellent customer service and would like to become part of our small family, this may be the best thing that ever happened to you!
You can expect to go through an extensive training period to ensure that you are fully comfortable before going out on your own with pets or clients. We maintain a very supportive, honest, friendly and professional work environment.
***EMAIL IF INTERESTED***
If interested in a position with Take The Lead Pet Care please email email@example.com and include the following information (please be specific):
• Contact information including: name, home & email address, phone number's (home and cell)
• Hours and days available
• Animal work & handling experience
• Work history
• What town(s) you are able to service. : Scituate, Cohasset, Hingham, Hull, Marshfield, Norwell, Hanover, Pembroke
NOTE: Must At least 21 years old (mature adults are strongly encouraged to apply!) Due to the large number of inquires we cannot respond to each applicant. If you appear to be a match with our present needs, we will call you for an in-office interview. NO phone calls, please
Pet sitters care for dogs, cats and other domestic pets when the owners are out of town. Their care may include the following: feeding, changing water, dispensing medication, cleaning litter boxes, walking dogs of all sizes, cleaning "accidents" and of course giving love and attention to each pet. Our services also include taking in mail, newspaper and watering house plants. Pet sitters may be visiting the same house 1, 2 or 3 times per day. Pet sitters must be available 7 days per week as clients often travel for weeks at a time
Dog walkers must be able to comfortably handle dogs of all sizes. Walks last between 20 minutes and one hour. The walks are usually between 11:00 and 2:00 Monday through Friday. Unless requested by owner, the dogs get walked in all types of weather. Someone who is only available for dog walks may have only a few to begin with until more clients are taken on during their hours of availability.
Pet sitters who work overnights are able to pack up and live in client's house from one night up to several weeks. Pet sitter is able to provide a minimum of am and dinner feedings as well as stay the night, a minimum of 12 hours per day dedicated to your client's home. Must be comfortable with all types of cats and dogs, able to walk both large and small breeds and willing to dispense medications as needed. Organized, detail-oriented, self starter, punctual, able to commit to a schedule are all musts. As with all positions, a background check is required.
A love of animals. Must be able to provide hands on care for both cats and dogs of all sizes. Reliable transportation. Work experience with dogs or pets is preferred. Provide 3 personal references and pass a background check. Be able to work independently. Pet sits are often booked at the last minute and flexibility in schedule is necessary
Pet sitting is a fun job. You get to spend time with dogs and cats, play with them, pet them and they are always happy to see you. However, this job also entails lots of driving from house to house for 30 minute visits. Having to clean up after pets is common. You may have to walk dogs in rain, cold or hot days and dogs are not always well trained to heel. Again, holidays are a busy time and are a necessary workday as are weekends
Pet sits & dog walks occur as early as 6:30 am and as late as 10:30 pm, 7 days a week. Holidays are the busiest time and pet sitters must be available to work. Most dog walks are usually done between the hours of 11:00 am and 3:00 pm.
• Absolutely love pets!!! Previous pet care experience is desired but not required. What IS essential is a commitment to the happiness and well being of animals, as well as a basic understanding of how to interact with dogs and cats.
• Currently live and plan to remain in the Scituate, Cohasset, Hingham, Hull, Marshfield, Norwell, Hanover, Pembroke area
• Physically fit for the job - (i.e. walking dogs for several hours a day in various terrain, getting on the floor to play with kitties, bending, climbing stairs, lifting up to 25 lbs., etc.)
• At least 21 years old (mature adults are strongly encouraged to apply!)
• Have an extremely reliable vehicle and a clean driving record and a valid license
• Internet access, computer and working printer in your home, as well as basic user ability
• cell phone
• Be able to pass a thorough, detailed background check
• Enjoy being outside in all weather (dogs like to be walked even in the rain!)
• Mature, professional, utterly responsible (and fun to work with!) & have loads of common sense and integrity
• Organized and work well independently as well as with team members
• Understand and be eager to accommodate clients who expect an exacting level of detail in the care of their furry children
• Have a tidy appearance and habits (leave no trace at client’s homes)