Monday, June 2nd, 2014
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. It is National Adopt-A-Cat Month and you, too, can have sweet little swaddled up felines waiting for their furever home…at your house!
Did you know that over 3.4 million cats enter into shelters every year? Or that 1.4 million of them are euthanized? There’s no better time than Adopt-A-Cat Month to visit the Scituate Animal Shelter and get to know some of their adorable kitties waiting patiently for adoption. You can also check out their current list of adoptable pets on PetFinder to see who is waiting for their new homes.
To get you in the mood, here are a few super interesting facts about our feline pals:
1) A cat sees 6 times better at night than we do.
2) Healthy cats are in a deep sleep about 15% of their lifetime and light sleep about 50% of their lifetime. That means they only spend about 35% of their life awake!
3) Six-toed cats are so common in Boston and nearby areas that cat experts even consider it an ‘established mutation’.
4) Ancient Egyptians were the first to domesticate cats and they used them to control pests.
5) It’s estimated that 40 million households in America have at least one cat!
Category Cat Adoptions | Tags: