Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
There’s just something that’s truly magical about spending time in the snow with our four-legged best friends. And, as one of the most requested South Shore dog walkers in the area, that’s exactly how we spend most of our time during the winter and holiday season…and we wouldn’t trade it for the world!
Here are our Top 5 favorite reasons why:
- No matter how old a dog gets, there’s just something about romping through the winter snow that makes them feel like a pup again! We love walking our older and senior clients during winter. Sure, they may not move as quickly as they used to and we need to move extra gingerly together where there may be slick spots but, despite what we’ve been taught about cold weather being bad for stiff joints, they benefit tremendously from the movement and exercise. And they sure do make it known by the happiness on their faces as they enjoy the crisp snow under their paws.
- Who doesn’t love a dog’s cold nose? We can vouch for the fact that the term “cold nose” gets a whole new meaning after a long jaunt in the woods during winter. We say, BRING ON THOSE COLD NOSES! Nothing makes us happier after a walk than to get a face full of kisses complete with cold, cold, cold noses!
- While we’re on the topic of “group walks” or “pack walks”, we sometimes lag behind a little bit and let the dogs get a few yards ahead so that we can marvel at the singular cloud that their warm breath creates together in unison. Sure, it may seem like a trivial thing and maybe most people wouldn’t even notice such a thing, but, to us, it’s just part of this magical time of the year!
- We love all of our little dogs that need their adorable sweaters, coats and boots to keep warm during our winter South Shore dog walks! From the tiniest of Chihuahuas to the largest Greyhounds, these well-dressed pooches make our mouths smile and our hearts melt! We’re so happy that their parents take such great care of them to ensure that they’re warm and well-dressed in order to enjoy our winter walks together.
- There aren’t many things that can make us feel as special, valued and appreciated as our wonderful two-legged clients! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your unbelievable generosity during the holidays – from holiday cards and gifts to home made cookies – you and your precious pets are what we continue to be thankful for, year after year! You make us proud to be the premier South Shore dog walkers, thank you!